The 2018 Mazda CX-5 Has Been Named a Motor Trend SUV of the Year Contender
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 is certainly attracting attention – Motor Trend just named it an SUV of the Year contender. It’s a high honor, and one that places the latest Mazda CX-5 among models such as the:
- Audi Q5
- BMW X4
- Maserati Levante
- Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe
- Volvo V90 Cross Country
Let’s take a look at what makes it a contender.
As noted by MotorTrend, “Mazda brings the fun, even to SUVs”. They record that the vehicle “handles like a sporty sedan… It accelerates nicely, tackled the winding course with vigor, and sounds and feels good while doing it.”
To understand what sets Mazda performance apart, look to:
- SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY: The framework utilizes ultra-high tensile-strength steel across key areas to increase rigidity while dropping weight.
- SKYACTIV® VEHICLE DYNAMICS with G-Vectoring Control: Power delivery is adjusted as you corner to shift vehicle weight for a smoother, more responsive, and less fatiguing drive.
Space and Comfort
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 achieves a rare blend of indulgent comfort and family-friendly practicality, all without compromising its searing performance.
- Up to 30.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 2nd row
- Up to 59.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 1st row
As you drive, savor available leather upholstery across the seats, steering wheel, and gear selector. Front seats enjoy 3-level heating to cope with anything from a chill in the air to a winter snowstorm.
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 is packed with top-tier tech, including a 10-speaker Bose® sound system with Centerpoint2® and AudioPilot2®, Mazda Navigation, and a MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System with 7-inch touchscreen.
That said, we’ve found that safety technology garners the most interest, with features including:
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control
- Smart City Brake Support
- Adaptive Front-Lighting
- High Beam Control
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane-Keep Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Advanced Blind-Spot Monitoring
MotorTrend’s SUV of the Year Contender is Available Now from Tracy Mazda
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 proved as popular with everyday drivers as with the team at MotorTrend. If you’d like to experience this coveted and acclaimed SUV for yourself, why not arrange a test drive or visit our showroom?
*2017 model shown. See dealer for details.