How to Change a Flat Tire: The Right Tools and the Right Method
How to change a flat tire – it’s knowledge all drivers should have, and yet it’s a skill frequently spurned. That’s okay. Let’s go ahead and learn about:
- The Right Gear
- The Right Method
The Right Gear
Firstly, have these items in your car:
- Lug Wrench
- Fully Inflated Spare Tire
- Owner’s Manual
Misplaced them? Never issued them in the first place? Pick up new ones, making sure the spare is regularly inflated to your manufacturer’s recommended PSI.
You’ll also want the following on-hand:
- Rain Poncho
- 2″x6” Wood to Secure the Jack
- Wheel Wedges
The Right Method
Okay, now onto the good stuff:
- Bring your vehicle to a safe location. Slow down and pick out a level, straight stretch of road with a wide shoulder
- Turn on your hazard lights before getting out.
- Apply the parking brake, even on level ground, to prevent rolling.
- Apply the wheel wedges. They go in front of the front tires when you’re changing a rear tire or behind the rear tires when you’re changing at the front.
- Place the jack beneath the frame. Look for a section of exposed metal, and follow the instructions in your owner’s manual.
- Place a small cut of 2×6” wood beneath the jack to prevent it settling, then start to lift. Remember never to place any part of your body under the vehicle.
- Unscrew the lug nuts – once loose, it’s easy to unscrew them by hand.
- Remove the flat by gripping the treads and pulling gently towards you. Set it on its side to prevent rolling.
- Mount the spare on the lug nuts, then tighten them by hand until they are all on.
- Lower the vehicle slightly and tighten the lug nuts with a wrench
- Bring the vehicle to the ground
- Replace the hubcap. It may not fit – if so, stow it with your flat.
- Check the pressure of the spare to make sure it’s safe to drive on.
- Drive to a service center. Remember, spares are meant to be temporary and shouldn’t be driven at high speeds.
Need Any Further Advice? Simply Contact Tracy Mazda
Whether talking to our finance department or visiting our service department we’re always here to help. Don’t hesitate to contact us today if you’d like to find out more, or come into our dealership in Tracy near Stockton and Lanthrop today!
The new Mazda CX-30 is a sophisticated and technologically advanced SUV that’s perfect for every Manteca adventure. Not only is it guaranteed to turn heads, but you and your passengers will notice its enhanced craftsmanship as soon as you climb inside of a 2021 Mazda CX-30. With the available Mazda CX-30 exterior paint colors and…
Looking for a spacious but not altogether-too-small compact SUV for sale in or around Tracy? The 2021 Mazda CX-30 slots into the new Mazda model lineup between the Mazda CX-3 and the Mazda CX-5. That means this Mazda crossover is a fantastic middle option between those two Mazda models in terms of space, features, style,…
Wondering to yourself, “how much can a Mazda CX-9 tow?” Tracy Mazda is here to offer answers to all your questions about the new Mazda model lineup, including the 2021 Mazda CX-9. With that said, let’s dive right into the Mazda CX-9 towing and performance information right now! View Inventory Contact Us 2021 MAZDA CX-9 Engine…
It’s no secret that the new 2021 Mazda CX-5 is a stylish SUV. But what exactly are your choices regarding the Mazda CX-5 exterior colors and the Mazda CX-5 interior colors? Learn all about the eye-catching color combinations that await when you purchase or lease a new Mazda CX-5 from us here at Tracy Mazda near…
Did you know that there are no fewer than seven Mazda CX-5 trims? But which of the MAZDA CX-5 trim levels is right for you? It’s a tough decision. Any one of them would make a fine addition to any Tracy driveway. Take a look at the detailed comparison MAZDA CX-5 configurations below to help you…
Are you in the market for the new MAZDA CX-30? We don’t blame you. This sleek crossover would make a fine addition to any Manteca driveway. But maybe you want to look over the specs first. That’s reasonable. Mazda specs are typically pretty impressive, and the 2021 Mazda CX-30 specs are no exception. That’s especially true…
Take a look at 2021 Mazda3 mpg scores after enjoying a test drive from our Tracy Mazda showroom and you’ll be stunned that such sporty performance can come with such low fuel consumption figures. To see exactly what makes the MAZDA3 so impressive, simply read on to explore: 2021 MAZDA3 Sedan Gas Mileage 2021 MAZDA3 Hatchback…
The 2021 Mazda CX-9 is a stunning SUV with three rows of seating, elegant controls, advanced technology, and undeniable style — so just how much is a Mazda CX-9? Starting at a $33,960 MSRP,* the Mazda CX-9 lineup offers fantastic options for all budgets. So whether you want an affordable model in Manteca or a…
The latest Mazda CX-5 is a powerful, efficient, and stylish SUV. While the exterior prowess of this ride is turning heads on your Manteca commute, the Mazda CX-5 interior will surround you with comfort and convenience. This one-of-a-kind SUV offers luxury where it counts, while remaining affordable to all. From the entry-level Mazda CX-5 Sport,…
Mazda is known for creating thrilling experiences behind the wheel, but how does that translate to fuel economy? The 2020 Mazda CX-9 mpg specs are here to prove you can balance power with efficiency, as this model can achieve up to 22 city/28 highway mpg* when equipped with FWD. Your Mazda CX-9 gas mileage may…