2016 Mazda CX-3 vs 2016 Honda HR-V
When comparing subcompact crossovers, Stockton and Modesto drivers might be weighing up the pros and cons of the 2016 Mazda CX-3 and the 2016 Honda HR-V. If you’re one of those people, you’ll want to keep reading to see why the 2016 Mazda CX-3 thoroughly outperforms the 2016 Honda HR-V in terms of power, efficiency, and features.
Powertrain and Efficiency
The 2016 Honda HR-V is fitted with a 1.8L 4-cylinder engine that produces 141 hp and 127 lb-ft of torque. While Honda and Mazda are both known for putting out highly efficient engines, it’s Mazda that is really known for superior performance, and the 2016 Mazda CX-3 shows it.
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 delivers outstanding performance with its 2.0L 4-cylinder engine. You’ll see an output of up to 146 hp and 146 lb-ft of torque for easy maneuvering and quick acceleration — something the HR-V falls short on. The 2.0L engine is paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission. Stockton and Modesto drivers will earn up to 35 mpg on the highway and 29 mpg in the city with FWD or 32 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city with AWD.
Standard Features and Amenities
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 was designed to make you feel comfortable and confident behind the wheel, offering displays and controls that are easy to see, reach, and use. Even the entry-level Sport trim comes with the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system, which provides Stockton and Modesto drivers with:
- 7-inch full color touchscreen
- Infotainment system voice command
- Aha, Pandora, Stitcher internet radio integration
- SMS text message audio delivery and relay
- E911 automatic emergency notification
- 6-speaker AM/FM/CD sound system
- Bluetooth handsfree phone and audio
The 2016 Honda HR-V only comes with a 140-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 4 speakers, a 5-inch color LCD screen, Bluetooth streaming audio, and an exterior temperature indicator.
Additional advanced features that are available on the 2016 Mazda CX-3 and not the 2016 Honda HR-V include:
- Active Driving Display: With this interactive system, key information — such as turn-by-turn directions and vehicle speed — is displayed directly within your line of sight.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control With Close Proximity Warning: This system helps maintain a safe distance between you and the car in front by adjusting the cruise control speed automatically.
- Smart City Brake Support: This system can help prevent frontal collisions when driving between about 2 and 18 mph by automatically applying the brakes to try and prevent a collision.
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring: Never worry about changing lanes again with this alert, which can help you identify when there is a vehicle in your blind spot.
Find Your 2016 Mazda CX-3 Near Stockton
Head to Tracy Mazda today to test-drive the 2016 Mazda CX-3. We are confident that our Stockton and Modesto customers will agree that it easily outclasses the 2016 Honda HR-V. If you have questions, contact us online or call 877-412-7706. We hope to see you soon!