2017 Mazda6 vs. 2017 Nissan Altima
Now that the 2017 Mazda6 is available at Tracy Mazda, we’ve been excited to see them out and about across Modesto and Stockton, CA. A spirited engine, a unique sense of style, and a long list of standard features make the latest Mazda6 a smart choice for drivers seeking a new car. But the mid-size sedan class is packed with competitors; how can you know if the Mazda6 is right for you? Tracy Mazda is here to help.
To put things in perspective, we’ve taken one of the competitors of the Mazda6 – the 2017 Nissan Altima – and put it side-by-side with our car. See for yourself what sets these sedans apart.
While many modern sedans have started including a wide variety of versatile tech features, others still fall behind. In the fight of 2017 Mazda6 vs 2017 Nissan Altima, it’s more than just the tech features. Nissan sports 16-inch steel wheels with cheap plastic covers while the Mazda6 has a set of 17-inch alloy rims, and the interior features similarly drastic features – Mazda includes a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob while the Altima’s are vinyl and plastic.
When it comes to the technology features of entry-level models, the Mazda6 features a clear lead, including the following features that are unavailable or require upgrades on the Altima:
- Keyless ignition
- Rearview camera with guidelines
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment with voice controls
- Six-speaker stereo CD system with USB, HD radio, and streaming audio integration
- Six-way adjustable front seats with driver-side lumbar support
Despite being comparably priced, the 2017 Mazda6 asserts itself as the superior vehicle when it comes to value, including significantly more in the way of amenities.
If you thought the base-level features were staggering, we’ve just scratched the surface. Here are a few select differences in features between the two sedans:
- Sound System: Both sedans have a Bose sound system available, but Mazda’s simply offers more. Found on the mid-range Touring trim, the Mazda6 has an 11-speaker Bose stereo; the 2017 Nissan Altima’s 9-speaker Bose system is available only on the top trim level.
- Leather Upholstery: The Grand Touring trim of the Mazda6 has premium leather upholstery wrapping all five seats while the Altima only offers standard leather.
- GT Premium Package: Mazda gives drivers an option to upgrade their top-of-the-line model even further with a premium package built for performance with active grille shutters and Mazda i-Eloop regenerative braking. Unique interior trim marks this as a truly premium trim, and the Altima has nothing that compares.
Test Drive a Mazda
We’ve broken down how the features compare, but when it comes to feeling that premium leather or experiencing the lively engine of the Mazda6, nothing compares to some quality time behind the wheel. Decide for yourself who wins when you put the 2017 Mazda6 vs 2017 Nissan Altima.
Stockton and Modesto, CA drivers, stop by Tracy Mazda for your Mazda6 test drive; contact us today to schedule time in the driver’s seat.