The New Mazda CX-5 SUV’s Safety Equipment
You can’t put a price on safety; however, if you could, it might look something like the 2017 Mazda CX-5’s starting MSRP of $24,045. Equipped with a full range of passive and active safety features, the CX-5 supplements its excellent performance, efficiency, and comfort with driver and passenger reassurance. Of course, the CX-5 doesn’t stop there; its variety of optional driver assists help you stay aware of your surroundings and avoid common driving mistakes. Read on for more on the Mazda CX-5’s incredible safety features!
Every 2017 Mazda CX-5—Sport, Touring, or Grand Touring—comes standard with the latest and most reliable safety features. From keyless entry, to speed-sensitive power door locks, to Brake Assist, the CX-5 leaves no stone unturned. Check out a few highlights from its standard safety arsenal:
- LED Headlights: The CX-5’s LED headlights consume very little energy, while illuminating the roads ahead with a warmer and brighter light than halogen bulbs and HIDs can provide.
- Rearview Camera: Accessible via the standard 7-inch display, the rearview camera powers on when the CX-5 is put into Reverse. This helpful feature lets you grab tight parking spaces with ease.
- Smart City Brake Support: On busy Lanthrop streets, Smart City Brake Support watches out for probable frontal collisions, and can apply the brakes if you’re unable to do so in time.
- E911: Included as part of the MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System, the E911 automatic emergency notification can summon assistance should an accident occur.
Available i-ACTIVSENSE® Package
There’s seemingly no end to the new Mazda CX-5’s commitment to driver and passenger safety, especially when you consider its available driver-assistive systems. The fully loaded i-ACTIVSENSE® Package, for example, is optional for the mid-level Touring and standard for the top-tier Grand Touring. A few of the i-ACTIVSENSE® Package’s features include:
- High Beam Control: During nighttime drives, High Beam Control alternates between low and high beams according to road and traffic conditions.
- Lane Departure Warning: Working in tandem with Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning notifies you of accidental lane drift at speeds of 37 mph or above.
- Rain-Sensing Wipers: Available rain-sensing windshield wipers auto-adjust their intermittent frequencies to suit heavy rains or light drizzles.
Hop Inside the New CX-5 at Tracy Mazda!
There’s only one way to experience all the 2017 Mazda CX-5 has to offer: get behind the wheel for a test drive! If you have questions about our new CX-5 lineup or financing packages, contact us at 888-709-9705. Drivers from Manteca, Stockton, and nearby communities are always welcome to visit us in person at 2680 Auto Plaza Dr in Tracy, CA! While you’re here, check out our Mazda CX-5 vs Nissan Rogue comparison!