2016 Mazda CX-9 Safety Features
Stockton and Modesto drivers should already know about the 2016 Mazda CX-9’s luxurious interior and cutting-edge powertrain, but the vehicle also equips safety systems sourced straight from the cutting-edge. A variety of standard safety features complement a highly durable chassis, and available systems include an innovative all-wheel-drive (AWD) system and a selection of 10 driver-assistance features.
Standard Safety Features
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 safety features are built around a SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY platform, which uses ultra-high tensile-strength steel in critical areas for added strength and lighter weight. That means that your drive will be more nimble and you’ll have peace of mind.
If a collision does occur, an array of airbags, including advanced dual front, front side-impact, and side-impact curtains will cushion you from harm. Additional standard safety features include:
- Anti-lock Brake System
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution with Brake Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control with Traction Control System
- Roll Stability Control
- Hill Launch Assist
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
For all-weather safety, add the Predictive i-ACTIV AWD® system to your 2016 Mazda CX-9. It uses state-of-the-art sensors to gauge when all-wheel traction might be needed and to preemptively optimize torque distribution, keeping you in control in adverse conditions.
You’ll also be able to take advantage of a full range of driver-assistance technologies with the i-ACTIVSENSE® safety package:
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control: Judges the relative speed and distance of the vehicle ahead, then shifts your cruising speed to maintain a safe gap.
- Smart City Brake Support: Between 2 and 18 mph, sensors monitor the road ahead for obstructions, priming the brakes when they are detected. If you don’t take action, the brakes are applied automatically.
- Advanced Blind-Spot Monitoring: Detects vehicles in your blind spot or fast-moving vehicles that might enter it, alerting you with a chime and warning light.
- Smart Brake Support: Performs just like City Brake Support, but at speeds above 10 mph.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: Alerts you if a vehicle is approaching from your left or right.
- Lane Departure Warning System: Provides audible and visual warnings if you leave your chosen lane without signaling.
- Lane-Keep Assist: Applies corrective steering pressure if you fail to heed the Lane Departure Warning System.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System: Pivots up to 15 degrees as you turn, providing exceptional illumination while cornering.
- High Beam Control: Automatically switch between low and high settings when incoming vehicles are detected.
- Distance Recognition Support System: Measures the distance between your Mazda CX-9 and the vehicle ahead at speeds above 19 mph, recommending a safe distance and alerting you if you violate it.
Stockton and Modesto Families Can Put Their Trust in the 2016 Mazda CX-9
The Mazda CX-9 might be known best as a luxury SUV, but that doesn’t mean that safety isn’t top of the line. To find out more about the 2016 Mazda CX-9 safety features, or to arrange a test drive, just visit Tracy Mazda today.